Grilled Tofu W/Wasabi Honey Glaze
- In small bowl, combine tamari, ginger, shallots, sesame oil and rice vinegar.
- Place tofu cutlets on platter and coat both sides with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Arrange tofu cutlets on grill or in a large skillet and cook on both sides until outside is lightly browned and center is warmed through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Carefully remove to platter. While tofu is cooking, combine wasabi and honey in a small mixing bowl.
- Add water as needed to form a thick glaze. Arrange grilled/cooked tofu steaks on a bed of hot rice.
- Brush with wasabi-honey glaze and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Serve hot.