Recipe by maclorna
These delicious asian inspired tofu cutlets taste great on their own, or can be used as a substitute for meat in a sandwich. This is an incredibly easy recipe.
- 1 (12 ounce) package low-fat firm tofu
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tofu into square pieces (not too thick).
- Combine all other ingredients.
- Place tofu in marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours (if you are pressed for time, it is not a big deal to cut down on marinating time, the flavour will just be less intense).
- Pre-heat grill.
- Grill for about 10 min on each side, or until cutlets are a little bit crispy but not completely dried out.
- I usually serve this with rice and salad.