Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
Cooking fish on foil packets results in delicious moist flavors and practically zero clean-up. Try experimenting with other vegetables - you never know what you might discover.
- aluminum foil
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 8 petite potatoes (yellow, thinly sliced)
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 8 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tilapia fillets, about 4 oz each
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cut four 8x14 pieces of foil.
- .Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Brush foil with oil, fold in half (to crease), then open. On one half, layer potatoes, zucchini and mushrooms. Place Tilapia on top of vegetables. Spoon pesto over fish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold foil over to cover and crimp edges to seal packages. Grill packages, with lid closed, until fish is firm and opaque and vegetables are tender, 10-15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Great way to use the grill. Fish is flavorful and tender (even if you leave it on a bit too long).
This was really good! We didn't have mushrooms and I didn't add the cheese. I sprinkled the veggies with salt and pepper after reading the other reviews. This is a wonderful easy weeknight meal!
This was wonderful! I used "release" foil and added salt & pepper to the layers. In think next time instead of the pesto, I am going to try a drizzle of olive oil and a little fish seasoning on top of the fish.