OMG! I made these grilled tilapia fish tacos on the outside grill and topped them with adobo sauce, cabbage, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro & onion and roasted corn on the cobb. They were so omg yummy, not to mention they were quick and very easy to make. I made them for my family and friends over the weekend bbq party I had. I served them with pinto beans and paired the dish with blended margaritas. These tacos were so yummy and everyone loved them so much, I thought I'd share them with you.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (or any fish will do)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 chopped jalapeno chile
- 8 tortillas
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1 corn on the cob (which I just grill right on the grill for charred flavoring and color)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces adobo sauce, from a can chipotle chiles
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- To make the Adobo Sauce, wisk together Sour Cream, Adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chiles, Seafood seasoning, Chili Powder, Cumin, Lime Juice, and Lime Zest. And refrigerator until ready to use.
- Then wisk together Canolia Oil, Ancho Chile Powder, chopped Cilantro, chopped Jalapeno and the juice of 1 Lime. Then marinade the fish in this mixture for at least 15-20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile (while your fish is marinadeing), you can chop up the rest of your taco toppings.
- To grill the fish, I used a non-stick spray on aluminum foil or you can use another type of grill top if you have one (to prevent the fish from falling into the grill). You want to grill the fish for 4 minutes on one side, then turn it over and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- The corn tortillas I sprayed lightly with oil and placed on the grill for about 30 seconds and they come out perfect.
- Fill your tortillas with the grilled fish, top with shredded green cabbage, grilled corn, avocado, cilantro, onion, tomatoes, etc. and then top with the Adobo sauce. Eat and enjoy!