Paris D's Note:
From the 8.ate@eight blog
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 mushrooms (crimini or button)
- 473.19 ml grape tomatoes or 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut to 1-inch squares
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme leave
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- pepper, to taste
- 226.79 g plain yogurt
- 1.23 ml cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 2If using whole tomatoes, cut each into quarters and then cut each quarter in half again so you have pieces about 1-inch in size. If using grape or cherry tomatoes, leave whole.
- 3Cut pepper into 1-inch pieces, removing the stem and seeds.
- 4Quarter the onion and separate the layers.
- 5Toss all vegetables in a medium bowl with olive oil, fresh thyme, cumin, salt and pepper until thoroughly coated.
- 6Take a skewer and alternate colors and vegetables so you get a good variety.
- 7Once the grill is hot, place skewers on the BBQ and cook for ~10 minutes, turning frequently to make sure to get a good charred edge on each side. This will add to the overall flavor!
- 8While the kabobs are grilling, add the cumin, salt and pepper to the yogurt and stir well to mix evenly.
- 9Once the kabobs are done, drizzle with the yogurt sauce and either serve alone, as a side or inside a fresh pita.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Thyme-Cumin Vegetable Kabob
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g