Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Taste of Home; these are a favorite at our cook-outs or when we go camping.
- 6 large potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 -2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Divided the potatoes and onions evenly between two sheets of heavy-duty foil (approximately 18 inches square), that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add the parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup each of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with bacon, butter cubes, chives, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Fold the ends of the foil to make a packet (I bring 2 opposite ends of the foil over the potatoes and fold or roll downward, then I roll the unsealed ends inward toward the filling and give them a good press to seal).
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the grill, open carefully, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
The only change I made to this recipe was to cook this in the oven. Potatoes, cheese and bacon...yummy! We really enjoyed this recipe and I know I'll make this again soon. Thanks for a great recipe!
Fantastic but i agree with Heidi, takes a bit longer on the grill. I would say an hour unless the taters are preboiled
These turned out perfect. DH made this one night when I was out running errands and what a delight to come home to these along with some grilled pork chops....deelish. Thank you for a recipe that even dh can prepare....STephanie