Top Review by PanNan
The flavor of these steaks is amazing! We grilled them, and I thought the sauce was just right. I will definitely save this in favorites cookbook. Thanks for posting a real treat.
- 566.99 g boneless beef top sirloin steaks, well trimmed, cut 1 inch thick
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml chili oil
- 29.58 ml garlic powder or 29.58 ml fresh garlic, crushed
- 3.69 ml pepper
- 0 cilantro, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml brown sugar, packed
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0 to taste lime slice
- 0 to taste fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce, olive oil and hot chili oil; whisk until blended.
- In second small bowl, combine garlic powder and 3/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place beef steak in large shallow dish.
- Pour 1/2 of soy sauce mixture over one side of steak; sprinkle with 1/2 of garlic powder mixture and 1/2 of chopped cilantro.
- Rub mixture firmly into beef.
- Turn steak over and repeat on second side. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. When steak is almost done, in small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients.
- Place on grid near edge of grill to heat until hot. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices; arrange on heated platter.
- Spoon sauce over beef; garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 16 to 21 minutes, turning once.