Top Review by PanNan
The flavor of these steaks is amazing! We grilled them, and I thought the sauce was just right. I will definitely save this in favorites cookbook. Thanks for posting a real treat.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, well trimmed, cut 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder or 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- to taste lime slice
- to taste fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce, olive oil and hot chili oil; whisk until blended.
- In second small bowl, combine garlic powder and 3/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place beef steak in large shallow dish.
- Pour 1/2 of soy sauce mixture over one side of steak; sprinkle with 1/2 of garlic powder mixture and 1/2 of chopped cilantro.
- Rub mixture firmly into beef.
- Turn steak over and repeat on second side. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. When steak is almost done, in small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients.
- Place on grid near edge of grill to heat until hot. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices; arrange on heated platter.
- Spoon sauce over beef; garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 16 to 21 minutes, turning once.