Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a Donna Hay recipe from "no time to cook". Use a gluten-free Thai green curry paste and fish sauce to make this recipe suitable for a gluten-free diet. A quick and simple dinner
Curry Chicken Fillets
- 4 chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways (2 make thinner chicken fillet pieces)
- 4 teaspoons thai green curry paste, stote purchased bottled sauce is fine (check gluten-free if required for diet)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
Coconut and Coriander (Cilantro) Noodles
- 0.44 lb dried ricestick noodles
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 8 -10 drops of stevia liquid
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 green onions, slice on an angle
- 1 cup coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 -2 long green chili, sliced
- 1 7⁄8 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (check gluten-free if required for a gf diet)
- To make the noodles- place the dried noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes, or until tender, drain and rinse well until cool.
- Dissolve the sugar (or use Stevia) in the lime juice and pour over the noodles.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the Coconut and Coriander (Cilantro) Noodles and toss gentley to combine.
- To serve as a cold dish, you can now divide this among the serving plates.
- This noodle dish can also be served warm- either heat gentley in a saucepan or heat using a mcrowave.
- For the chicken- brush the chicken on both sides with the cobined curry paste and the oil to lightly coat. You may need to add a little extra oil if required, depending on how thick the green curry paste is.
- Preheat a char-grill, broiler or barbecue plate to high and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with the noodles with wedges of lime and a light sprinkle of coriander/cilantro leaves.
This was really good Jubes, kind of like a deconstructed curry. Loved the curry flavor on the tender chicken fillets and the lovely coconut, lime, and coriander noodles. What a taste treat. Thank you for sharing a recipe that we will enjoy again.