Prep 1 hr
Cook 14 mins
From Texas Sampler, Junior League of Richardson, TX
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground red chile
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 lbs fresh tuna steaks (4 steaks, approximately 3/4 inch thick)
- Mix all the ingredients together except the tuna in a bowl.
- Lay tuna in a shallow dish; pour marinade over tuna.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove tuna from marinade and reserve liquid.
- Place tuna on prepared grill over medium heat, turning once.
- Cook until done, about 6-7 minutes per side (or cook until desired doneness).
- Heat marinade to boiling in saucepan; cook until bell pepper is tender.
- Serve over tuna.
- May use swordfish or hailbut.