Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is an excellent recipe to serve as a good appetizer and it is always well received. Enjoy.
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup tequila (or use lemon and orange juice instead)
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 24 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (leaving the tails intact)
- 6 metal skewers (or use *Bamboo Skewers)
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp in shallow glass dish; stir in shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Remove shrimp from marinade and reserve it.
- Thread 4 shrimp on each of six metal skewers. (*If using bamboo skewers, remember to soak them in hot water for about 30 minutes, so won't burn.)
- Grill over medium coals, turning once, until pink for about 2 to 3 mts. on each side. Do not overcooked.
- Heat reserved marinade to boiling in a non-aluminium saucepan; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered until bell pepper is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve with shrimp.
- NOTE: to broil the kabobs in the oven: set oven control to boil.
- Place skewered shrimp on rack in broiler pan. Broil with tops about 4 inches from heat, turning once until pink, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.