Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from an old family friend. Great shrimp that definitely has some kick!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground red chili pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 24 large raw shrimp
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Mix all ingredients in shallow glass dish; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Thread shrimp on skewers; reserve marinade. Grill shrimp over medium coals 2-3 minutes per side until pink.
- Heat reserved marinade in a non-aluminum saucepan to boiling; reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes until pepper is tender; serve with shrimp.