Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this meal not only because it is so delicious and fresh, but also because it cooks quickly! Light up the grill, send the hubby outside to tend to the steak and hit the wok! (Don't be turned off by the long list of ingredients- it's not so bad.) **Cooking time does not include marinating time.**
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks, marinated in your favorite teriyaki sauce for at least 2 hours
- 12 ounces broccoli rabe, ends removed, chopped into one inch bites
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 4 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 4 ounces bamboo shoots, canned
- 5 baby carrots
- 15 -20 snow peas, fresh
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 ounces stir-fry sauce (I like House of Tsang's Classic Stir Fry Sauce)
- 1⁄8 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- chili paste, to taste (optional)
- On hot grill, grill steak for about 6-7 minutes per side.
- Slice meat into one inch strips, cover with foil and set aside until veggies are ready.
- Gently toast almonds in a hot pan for about two minutes and set aside.
- In a hot wok, add both kinds of oil and brocollini- stir for about three minutes.
- Add mushrooms, carrots and garlic, stir for two minutes.
- Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and snow peas and stir fry sauce and stir for an additional two minutes.
- Serve stir fry veggies and steak over jasmine rice. (We love spicy food and LOVE to add chili paste to our own meals- suit yourself).