Prep 2 hrs
Cook 12 mins
This just might be the best salmon you will ever have! Plan ahead the salmon needs to chill for 3-6 hours. This recipe may be reduce to half if desired.
- 1360.77 g fresh salmon fillets (skin removed)
- 158.51 ml soy sauce
- 158.51 ml brown sugar, packed (use only brown sugar)
- 158.51 ml water
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92-9.85 ml grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions (chopped into large pieces)
- 5-6 fresh garlic cloves (sliced in half or use as much as desired)
- 7.39 ml lemon pepper (more for seasoning)
- In a bowl mix together together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, Worcestershire sauce, oil, ginger and lemon pepper; whisk until no sugar granules remain (this might take a couple of minutes) add in garlic halves and green onion.
- Wash the salmon under cold water then pat dry using paper towels.
- Place the salmon into a long deep glass dish (or use a large resealable plastic freeze bag) then pour the marinade over; turn salmon to coat in the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 3-6 hours (turning occasionally).
- Set grill to medium heat, then grease the grill glates.
- Place the salmon on the grill, then discard marinade.
- Season with salt and more lemon pepper if desired.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes per side or until the fish flakes easily (do not overcook!.
This Grilled Salmon Teriyaki was very, very great. We added broccoli slaw and pineapple, jicama & cucumber salad. And the wine! It wasn't a special occasion but it was a special dinner. The grilled salmon teriyaki will be often. It helps my diabetes, too.
This is really special! Didn`t change a thing and everyone in my family wanted seconds & thirds. Option: I put the leftover marinade in a saucepan, brought it to a low boil then simmered so I could serve it on the side, cause it's too good to waste. Tip: Keep a fresh chunk of ginger in a freezer bag to peel and finely grate, as needed (no need to defrost). I used a 2 lb. steelhead trout fillet (similar flavour & texture to salmon) & it took 5 minutes per side on our Cuisinart Griddler Combo indoor grill. Tip: Stick a fork in the top of the fish and twist; if it flakes, it`s done. If it feels like it needs to be cut with a knife, add 2 more minutes. Thank you Kittencal for providing my 3rd. awesome recipe from your repertoire!
This was great! Really nice teriyaki flavor that beats the bottled version hands down. The sugar gave a slight caramelization effect and it was wonderful along with a light salad.