This just might be the best salmon you will ever have! Plan ahead the salmon needs to chill for 3-6 hours. This recipe may be reduce to half if desired.
- 3 lbs fresh salmon fillets (skin removed)
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed (use only brown sugar)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions (chopped into large pieces)
- 5 -6 fresh garlic cloves (sliced in half or use as much as desired)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper (more for seasoning)
- In a bowl mix together together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, Worcestershire sauce, oil, ginger and lemon pepper; whisk until no sugar granules remain (this might take a couple of minutes) add in garlic halves and green onion.
- Wash the salmon under cold water then pat dry using paper towels.
- Place the salmon into a long deep glass dish (or use a large resealable plastic freeze bag) then pour the marinade over; turn salmon to coat in the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 3-6 hours (turning occasionally).
- Set grill to medium heat, then grease the grill glates.
- Place the salmon on the grill, then discard marinade.
- Season with salt and more lemon pepper if desired.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes per side or until the fish flakes easily (do not overcook!.