Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Cost per serving: $ 3.19. This Grilled Teriyaki Pork with Mango-Noodle Salad is an easy dish to make mid-week that will also be a nice treat for your family. Want to pump up the veggies? Toss in a handful of spinach, regulr or snap peas or broccoli florets to help round out the meal.
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced crosswise
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pork chops, teriyaki sauce and garlic in a ziplock bag; turn several times to coat. Preheat grill to high. Whisk sesame oil, lime juice, scallions, ginger, salt and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Place rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- While noodles are soaking, grill pork chops until cooked through, turning once, about 10 minutes total. Remove pork chops to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Pour dressing over noodles, and toss to coat. Add mango and cucumber, and toss again. Divide among 4 bowls and top with pork.