Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can make these on an indoor grill also. I usually glaze the tops with bottled hoisin sauce a minute before end of cooking time and then serve on large hamburger buns! Plan ahead these need to chill for a minumum of 4 hours before cooking --- low sodium soy sauce only for this!
Top Review by cooking with love
I had these last night to use up some pork. I cut the recipe in half as there was only 3 of us eating. I thought they were way too salty. They had a lot of flavors that popped out but the salt was a major draw back. If I ever made them again I would cut way back on the salt and soy sauce. I think that would make them much better. Chilling them for 4 hours really helped them come out moist and mine held together well.
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (can use a small yellow onion in place of green)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder (can use fresh minced ginger)
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape into patties, then place on a sheet.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minumum of 4 hours.
- Grill about 7-10 minutes on each side or broil 3-inches from element for about 5-10 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of your pattie).