Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Our neighbours just come by when they smell this lovely chicken grilling. I've had them ask for just a " bite " so often we just print the recipe and hand it out. And yes they still ask for the " bite " too ! Prep time is marinating time. Cook time is heating the sauce and grilling.
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, roasted
- 3⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 tablespoons ground ginger, if using freshly grated,adjust to your taste
- 3 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed into
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, can cut into bite size pieces after grilling
- 1 orange, peeled,seeded and sliced into rounds,cut into quarters after grilling
- cooked rice
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large saucepan, simmer over low heat 20- 30 minutes, stir occasionally Stir in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Place chicken breasts and marinade into a large plastic freezer bag, turning to coat Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove breasts from bag, grill over a medium flame 15- 20 minutes, turn and grill other side about 5 minutes more till cooked through- set aside.
- Quickly grill orange slices about 1 minute per side- set aside, quarter them when cooled Place chilled marinade in a large saucepan, heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chicken and orange quarters to saucepan, stirring to combine.
- Serve over rice.