Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Awesome taste from this four ingredient marinade. Chicken breasts cooked very quickly on a high heat barbecue grill. Great served on a green salad for a light summer dinner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml teriyaki sauce
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- Mix together teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic and sesame oil in a large plastic bag and place chicken breasts in it.
- Seal bag, and shake to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours (or up to 24), turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Remove chicken from bag, discarding any remaining marinade.
- Grill for 6 to 8 minutes each side or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
The chicken was left in the marinade for about 4 hours. I'm with you in that I think 24 hours in lemon juice might be a bit long. I made this for the Pacific Islands Gluten Free Challenge during ZWT 7. I made my on teriyaki sauce and made sure that the soy sauce I was using was gluten free. The chicken was moist and flavorful. It was served with Maui Gold Pineapple Salsa: for a true taste of the islands.
Yum! I marinated my chicken breast for about 4 hours and then grilled it on my stove-top grill pan. Super simple and tasty. Very moist and flavorful. Thanks HokiesLady for a great dinner. Made for Potluck Tag.
What a nice and tender piece of chicken. I used the tenders and let them marinate for about 4 hours. I also threw in some sesame seeds. I cut the recipe in half and did use a little less lemon juice. I made these on a short RV trip. Thanks for posting. :)