Recipe by blucoat
This protein-rich vegetarian (vegan) recipe is from "Cooking Light Magazine". Chill the tempeh well before slicing so it will be less apt to crumble. This recipe requires at least 3 hours of marinating, the longer the better. Serve with whole-grain burger buns, and whatever toppings you enjoy!
Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
This was simple and had a great taste! I love the marinade! Next time I will let it marinade longer (I only waited about 2 1/2 hours). I will definitely make these again!
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoy tempeh
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Split tempeh in half horizontally with a sharp knife; cut each piece in half crosswise. Place tempeh in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Combine water and next 5 ingredients (water through garlic) in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour over tempeh; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 3 hours to overnight.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove tempeh from marinade, reserving marinade. Place tempeh on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, basting frequently with reserved marinade.