Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't think of a better way to make potatoes. These are buttery, a little crisp, and perfect with My Favorite Burgers (also on Zaar). They require Paula Deen's House Seasoning (I have provided the recipe below). You will have way more seasoning than you need for this recipe, but it's great to keep in a shaker next to your stove (it's a perfect seasoning on everything!).
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 3 golden delite potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch coins
- 1⁄4 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- house seasoning, to taste
- Preheat a gas grill to High.
- On two pieces of foil (stacked), arrange potatoes in three rows overlapping the edges.
- Top with onion slices, a generous amount of House Seasoning, and melted butter.
- Place a third piece of foil on top and crimp the edges with the bottom two pieces to form a sealed packet.
- Using the underside of a baking sheet for "transportation," bring the packet to the grill and place on the medium rack (excluding the baking sheet).
- Cook with lid closed for 15-20 minutes, and then open the lid for another 10 minutes or until edges of potatoes are getting crispy and brown. Serve immediately.
I ended up using white potatoes, as my stores didn't have loose golds, and they were yummy. This was a nice way to have potatoes if you are grilling the main course, with two big advantages: DH did all the cooking and cleanup was amazingly easy! We're definitely going to be using this technique more often, thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT5, for the Groovy GastroGnomes.
We make potatoes similar to this for the grill but I have never used yukon gold potatoes before. Loved them for this recipe! I didnt make the full amount of house seasoning and used fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder. DH cooked them on the grill for a total of 30 minutes and the were perfect. I have a feeling these potatoes will be made often. Thank you KissKiss for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for ZWT5, Bodacious Brickhouse Babes team.
Loved these grilled potatoes!!! I use Paula Deen's house seasoning all the time on roasts and ribs, but first time on potatoes and will definitely repeat this recipe!! I used the refrigerated Home Style Potatoes, which are already peeled and sliced and placed them in heavy duty no- stick foil, then topped with the onion, seasoning and butter. The bottom layer of potatoes came out nice and crispy!! The combination of the potatoe/onion/seasoning and butter was absolutely wonderful!!! Thanks Kiss Kiss for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT5.