Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 mins
Another way to start a barbecue. Serve this with a mint chutney or any chutney of your choice. A dash of chili could be added if you like it with a bit more kick!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra large shrimp, shelled (12 to 16 per lb)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Butterfly shrimp with a lengthwise incision down center of back without cutting into two Mix remaining ingredients.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat well.
- Grill shrimp, opened flat, on oiled grill 5 to 6 inches from coals or flame Cook about one minute per side or until cooked through.