Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
From Licence to Grill Rob Rainford. It was very good.
Make and share this Grilled Tandoori-Style Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 (1190.67 g) skinless chicken breast halves
- 473.18 ml plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml ground coriander
- 29.58 ml mild paprika
- 22.18 ml ground cumin
- 22.18 ml fresh ginger
- 14.79 ml fresh garlic
- 14.79 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Whisk yogurt and next 9 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and wipe off marinade and discard. Drizzle with oil, add salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue for medium heat and oil grill. Transfer chicken to barbecue grill. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to cutting board. Cut crosswise on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Transfer to platter.
Very good, but the spices were a bit overwhelming. Especially if you marinate the chicken overnight!
This was very good. I enjoyed the flavor combinations. I think the yogurt helped to keep the chicken moist while cooking, too! I halved the recipe. Once the chicken was cooked, I sliced the breasts and served atop a salad. ~Made for ZWT6 Zee Zany Zesty Cookz~
I cut the recipe down to serve two. I had read the reviews about needed a little more flavor so I just bumped up all the ingredients. Very tasty dinner. I made this dish on my panini grill. I think next time I will make kebobs and do it on the grill like another reviewer had done. Made for ZWT 6.