Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
From Licence to Grill Rob Rainford. It was very good.
Make and share this Grilled Tandoori-Style Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 (7 ounce) skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons mild paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Whisk yogurt and next 9 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and wipe off marinade and discard. Drizzle with oil, add salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue for medium heat and oil grill. Transfer chicken to barbecue grill. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to cutting board. Cut crosswise on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Transfer to platter.
Very good, but the spices were a bit overwhelming. Especially if you marinate the chicken overnight!
This was very good. I enjoyed the flavor combinations. I think the yogurt helped to keep the chicken moist while cooking, too! I halved the recipe. Once the chicken was cooked, I sliced the breasts and served atop a salad. ~Made for ZWT6 Zee Zany Zesty Cookz~
I cut the recipe down to serve two. I had read the reviews about needed a little more flavor so I just bumped up all the ingredients. Very tasty dinner. I made this dish on my panini grill. I think next time I will make kebobs and do it on the grill like another reviewer had done. Made for ZWT 6.