1/1 Photo of Grilled Tandoori Chicken and Red Onion Skewers With Couscous
These well-seasoned chicken skewers certainly beat plain grilled chicken. Bottled tandoori spice mix makes prep work a snap (just ease up on the amount if you can't stand too much heat). From W.W.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 32 chunks (about 4 pieces per thigh)
- 1 1/4 cups plain fat-free yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons tandoori spice mix
- 1/2 cup cucumber, English variety, diced
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 16 wedges
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (2 sprays)
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat couscous
- 1Put chicken, 1/2 cup of yogurt and spice mix in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Seal bag and turn to mix and coat. Place bag on a plate and refrigerate on lowest shelf for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- 2To make sauce, stir together remaining 3/4 cup of yogurt, cucumber, mint and salt in a small bowl until blended; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3Preheat grill. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken and onion wedges onto 8 metal skewers, using 4 pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of onion per skewer. (If using wooden skewers soak them in water 30 minutes before use to prevent burning.) Coat chicken and onions with cooking spray.
- 4Grill skewers, turning often, until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 7 to 9 minutes. Serve skewers over couscous with sauce on the side. Yields 2 skewers, 1/2 cup of couscous and about 1/4 cup of sauce per serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tandoori Chicken and Red Onion Skewers With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.4
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 328.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tandoori spice mix
cooked whole wheat couscous