4 hrs 1 min
Thanks to Shawn Sidey and Celebrity Kitchens. Easy, delicious stuff. Enjoy with grilled naan bread (try it dotted with hot sauce;), Curried Tomato Chutney, and Cucumber-Mint Raita. You can pick up tandoori paste in indian food stores or indian sections of supermarkets (got mine at my Super G)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and defat breasts.
- 2Place in a large bowl.
- 3Process remaining ingredients to a uniform sauce.
- 4Pour over chicken breasts and mix (do NOT use a fork AND tandoori stains fingers, so use plastic gloves or do what I did- put your hands in ziplocks and go for it).
- 5Cover and marinade for 4 hours at room temp (it's okay, really. I did it) or refrigerate overnight, turning several times.
- 6Chicken should NOT marinade for more than 2 days because the yogurt tenderizes the meat If refrigerated, take out 1 hour prior to cooking and bring to room temp.
- 7TO ROAST: Preheat oven to 500-550*F.
- 8Place chicken breasts on a extra large shallow roasting pan, preferably on a wire rack.
- 9Set pan in the middle of the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- 10Basting is unneccessary because the enclosed environment prevents excessive dryness.
- 11TO BROIL INDOORS: Preheat broiler.
- 12Spray grill with nonstick to prevent sicking.
- 13Place chicken on grill and cook 2-3 inches away from heat for 20 minutes.
- 14Turn and cook another 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 15TO GRILL: Place chicken breasts on grill rack sprayed with nonstick.
- 16Brush with extra marinade.
- 17Let chicken cook WITHOUT turning for 10 minutes.
- 18Turn, baste other side, and cook another 10.
- 19Continue cooking, turning every 10 minutes until done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tandoori Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 87.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: