Recipe by Chef Beorn Hockenhull
Based on a So Cal Mexican favorite involving marinating chicken thigh meat in Tampico brand citrus juice. In my version, I used whole chicken breast and use a blend of carrot and fruit juices for a healthier alternative! Great on the BBQ grill but works in a pan or in the oven too...Enjoy!
- 6 ounces chicken breasts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce carrot juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce pear juice
- 1 ounce apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sriracha hot chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl season the breast with salt and pepper.
- Add carrot, orange, and pear juices along with apple cider vinegar.
- Now incorporate ginger, garlic and chili sauce.
- Use a rubber spatula or your hand to mix items together.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. (Okay to marinate overnight).
- Remove from refridgerator and grill for 7 minutes on the first side, flip and grill 5 minutes on other side. (Internal temperature of 160-165 degrees).
- Remove from grill and allow chicken breast to rest in a small bowl for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Slice the breast at an angle.
- Note: You can create a delightful reduction sauce to accompany your dish by doubling the amount of marinade made and saving half for your sauce before beginning your prep. Start with a hot sauce pan, add the reserved marinade liquid with 2 ounces of chicken broth and reduce sauce by half.