Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based on a recipe from Betty ;)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat closed medium-size contact grill for 5 minutes (see below for oven directions).
- In shallow bowl, mix taco seasoning mix and oregano. Brush chicken with oil; coat with taco seasoning mixture.
- Place chicken on grill. Close grill. Grill 4 to 6 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat barbecue sauce, chili sauce and cumin to boiling over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce with chicken.
- Oven Directions: Heat oven to 375°F Line shallow baking pan with foil or spray with cooking spray. Place coated chicken in pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).