Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Received this in an email, sounds so good and juicy...
For the Sauce
- 473.18 ml country table syrup (sorghum syrup) or 473.18 ml mild molasses
- 4.92 ml cracked black peppercorns
- 88.74 ml smoky-style kentucky bourbon whiskey, such as Knob Creek
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, chilled, cut up
- 6.16 ml lemon juice
- 8 t-bone steaks (1 inch thick)
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml kosher salt (coarse)
- 9.85 ml freshly ground pepper
- Heat grill.
- Place syrup and peppercorns in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; whisk in bourbon, butter and lemon juice.
- Reserve 1 1/4 cups; keep remaining sauce warm to brush over steaks during grilling.
- Lightly brush steaks with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals; cover grill.
- Grill 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare or until of desired doneness, generously brushing with warm sauce during last 3 to 4 minutes of grilling and turning several times.
- Serve reserved 1 1/4 cups sauce with steak.
5 Stars! I grilled mushrooms alongside, and they are fabulous in this sauce! It's a tad sweet, so I'll reduce the syrup next time (I used molasses) and increase the bourbon a tad. I had a New York Strip, so used that, but I can only imagine how good this would be on a T-Bone or Ribeye! The steak crisps up nicely on the grill, while staying nice and juicy on the inside. Made for Newest Zaar Tag!