This is an excellent marinade for any steak. The flavor is just wonderful. Our T-bones came out perfect. Very tender with a wonderful flavor. The original recipe is from TOH with some changes to suit our taste. Prep time does not include the time it takes to marinate the steaks.
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml light soy sauce
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml chipotle hot sauce
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 beef t-bone steaks (1 in thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Add steaks.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning as often as you can. (I actually marinated my for a day and a 1/2.).
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees, medium, 160 degrees, well-done 170 degrees).
This recipe totally did not work for me. The only exception I made was a substitution for the McCormick's steak seasoning. I did not like the flavor of the marinade and the steak was too tough to eat, which I marinated for 26 hours.
Delicious and succulent T-bones. Didn't change a thing.
Delicious follow recipe exactly but only marianeted them for 5hours and they turned out great.every inch of the meat was tasty and soft