Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an excellent marinade for any steak. The flavor is just wonderful. Our T-bones came out perfect. Very tender with a wonderful flavor. The original recipe is from TOH with some changes to suit our taste. Prep time does not include the time it takes to marinate the steaks.
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml light soy sauce
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml chipotle hot sauce
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 beef t-bone steaks (1 in thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Add steaks.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning as often as you can. (I actually marinated my for a day and a 1/2.).
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees, medium, 160 degrees, well-done 170 degrees).
Wow.. this was a great marinade, probably the best T bone steak I've ever had. Substituted low sodium Dales marinade for the soy sauce. I only marinated 2 hours but cant wait to try again and marinate over night..
I use this marinade every time I make steak! Any kind of steak, it doesn't matter, this is all I use. My husband loves it, r never fails. I don't change a thing I follow it to a T. The only thing I do differently is I make the marinade the morning of and just marinade it all day and it still comes out so flavorful! Perfection!!
This recipe totally did not work for me. The only exception I made was a substitution for the McCormick's steak seasoning. I did not like the flavor of the marinade and the steak was too tough to eat, which I marinated for 26 hours.