Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an excellent marinade for any steak. The flavor is just wonderful. Our T-bones came out perfect. Very tender with a wonderful flavor. The original recipe is from TOH with some changes to suit our taste. Prep time does not include the time it takes to marinate the steaks.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 beef t-bone steaks (1 in thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Add steaks.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning as often as you can. (I actually marinated my for a day and a 1/2.).
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees, medium, 160 degrees, well-done 170 degrees).
Wow.. this was a great marinade, probably the best T bone steak I've ever had. Substituted low sodium Dales marinade for the soy sauce. I only marinated 2 hours but cant wait to try again and marinate over night..
This recipe totally did not work for me. The only exception I made was a substitution for the McCormick's steak seasoning. I did not like the flavor of the marinade and the steak was too tough to eat, which I marinated for 26 hours.
Delicious and succulent T-bones. Didn't change a thing.