This may just knock your socks off! This originally was taken from Paul Newman's Cookbook and tweaked just a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 beef t-bone steaks (12 to 14 oz. each)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 12 green onions, thinly sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Campfire Mustard Sauce
- 1Bring steaks to room temperature, then season with salt and pepper.
- 2Meanwhile make onion marmalade: Melt butter in a large cast iron skillet.
- 3Add the onions, green onions, and garlic, cook over high heat, stirring, for 10 minutes, until onions are soft.
- 4Add the port and vinegar, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until liquid is almost evaporated.
- 5Remove the pan from heat but keep the marmalade warm.
- 6To make mustard sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- 7Preheat a grill or broiler until hot.
- 8Grill the steaks for 4 to 4 1/2 minutes per side for rare, 6 to 7 minutes per side for medium rare.
- 9Serve each steak topped with some warm marmalade.
- 10Serve the mustard sauce seperately in a bowl.
- 11Serves 4.
- 12Sauces may be made up to 4 days in advance.
- 13This is good with roasted potatoes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled T Bone Steak with Sweet Onion Marmalade and Campfire Mus
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 374.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef t-bone steaks