Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a supermarket card I just picked up. DH loves swordfish. If you use fresh tarragon, use 3 tsp. chopped, divided.
- 2 heads garlic, medum size
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) swordfish steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Lightly oil grill grate and preheat to medium-high.
- Cut off pointed end of garlic bulbs; place garlic on piece of heavy duty foil and wrap to seal in pouch.
- Place garlic on grill rack and cover; grill 30-35 minutes or until fork tender.
- Cool 5 minutes and squeeze pulp from garlic; mince and set aside.
- On stovetop, in a heavy skillet, bring chicken broth and 1 teaspoons of the tarragon to boiling; lower heat and simmer until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Melt butter in separte skillet over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in garlic pulp, remaining tarragon, broth reduction and lemon juice; bring to boiling; reduce heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, rinse and pat dry swordfish with paper towels.
- Sprinkle fish evenly with pepper and salt to taste.
- Grill fish 5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to serving dish and serve with reserved garlic sauce.