Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb swordfish (or other medium dense to dense fish)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup nuts (piñon, almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
- 1 bunch basil or 1 bunch cilantro or 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 head garlic, about 6-8 cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- lemon, zest of
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- herbs, sprigs,for garnish
- Pesto (makes 1 cup) Process or blend all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Stir well before serving.
- Pesto may be prepared in advance and frozen, or may be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Broiled, Grilled or BBQ'ed: Baste with pesto when turning.
- Cook 10 minutes total per inch of thickness, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with pesto on top.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.