Recipe by mommyoffour
We really like swordfish and are always looking for ways to prepare it. This is a good recipe with just a little bit of heat like we like it. (Cook time includes marinating time)
- 3 green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame salt (recipe follows)
- 4 swordfish steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons hot bean paste (available in specialty stores)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray grill with nonstick spray.
- Finely chop green onions to measue 1/4 cup, set aside.
- Prepare seseame salt, set aside.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in shallow dish.
- Combine green onions, hot bean paste, soy sauce, sesame salt, garlic, sugar, sesame oil and pepper in small bowl, mix well.
- Spread half of marinade over fish.
- Turn fish over and spread with remaining marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade, discard remaining marinade.
- Place fish on grill and grill 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- SESAME SALT:.
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds.
- 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Heat small skillet over medium heat. Add sesame seeds, cook and stir about 5 minutes or until seeds are golden.
- Cool and crush toasted sesame seeds and salt with mortar and pestle or process in coffee grinder.
- Refrigerate in covered glass jar.