Recipe by Chabear01
This is taken from Cooks Country Magazine. You can substitute Halibut or Salmon steaks for the swordfish.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaf, packed
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1 lb) swordfish steaks, 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large eggplant, sliced crosswise into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Process cilantro, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika,cayenne, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons oil in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Cut each swordfish steak in half and place in baking dish. Coat with 1/2 cup cilantro mixture. Brush eggplant with remaining 3 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill swordfish and eggplant over hot fire until fish is cooked through and eggplant is grill marked and soft, 5 to 6 minutes per side for fish and 3 to 4 minutes per side for eggplant.
- Transfer fish to serving platter. Chop eggplant into 1-inch chunks and place in medium bowl. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, remaining cilantro mixture, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve fish with eggplant salad.