Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Weight Watchers Five Star Recipes cookbook. Quite good and very easy.
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 (6 ounce) swordfish fillets
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Combine 1/4 cup maple syrup, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice and garlic in a large zipper bag. Add fish. Marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Prehet grill. While fish marinates, coat one side of 12-in square of tin foil. Place onions on half of tin foil. Combine 2 T maple syrup and butter, stirring well. Drizzle syrup mixture over onions. Fold foil over onion and crimp edges to seal.
- Place foil packet on grill. Cover and grill for 20 minutes or until onion is tender and golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- Place fish on grill rack and grill 4-6 minutes on each side or until fishflakes easily with a fork, basting often with reserved marinade.
- Place fish on platter, top evenly with onions.
Wow is this good!!!! I recently met my weight loss goal on Weight Watchers and am always looking to stay the course with delicious foods. By my calculations this is 7 points plus and well worth it. Enjoy all.
Delicious and a bit different from the usual! I cooked the fish and onions under the broiler, instead of on a grill with no problem. As my fish was quite thick I cooked it longer than indicated with wonderful results! Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having often!