Prep 8 hrs
Cook 8 mins
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (the sweet kind works well also)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons ketchup or 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and mashed
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 4 swordfish steaks (small to medium steaks) or 4 tuna steaks (small to medium steaks)
- Combine marinade and place in Ziploc plastic bag.
- Add fish, seal and refrigerate overnight, occasionally turning bag to distribute marinade.
- Drain marinade.
- Grill fish on a rack, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side over hot coals or briquettes (center will be a little pink ) or as desired.
- Overcooking causes a dry fish.