Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
One of our favorite summer recipes. Prep time includes 1 hour marinating.
- 2 (8 ounce) swordfish steaks (fresh is best)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Pat the fish dry.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in bowl.
- Mix well.
- Put the fish in the marinade.
- Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Grill fish on high heat 4 minutes.
- Turn and grill another 4 minutes.
- Don't overcook, the fish will get dry!
I recommend marinating more than an hour. I think we really would have liked it, but we could barely taste the marinade.
not bad, but I had to bake it instead for health reasons.substituted olive oil with chicken broth and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. wife liked it. if i broiled it smoke would have been everywhere.
I really liked this recipe. I dont usually use marinade, but this one is so fast, easy, and tasty. I use more fresh basil and garlic. The tastes and smells are so fresh and wonderful