Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 lbs swordfish steaks, cut into 6 serving-sized pieces
- Heat grill.
- In small non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add shallots; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in thyme, sugar, lemon peel, mustard and wine until well-blended.
- Spread half of mixture on 1 side of swordfish steaks.
- When ready to grill, oil grill rack.
- Place swordfish, spread-side up, on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals.
- Cook 6 minutes.
- Turn swordfish; spread remaining shallot mixture over swordfish.
- Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until center of fish flakes easily with fork.
I didn't eat this but made it for DH and it wasn't one of his favorites. Sorry. He didn't find it flavorful for the fish.