1/8 Photos of Grilled Swiss & Tomato on Rye
This was a frequently ordered sandwich, even though it was not on the menu, at the grill at Memorial Hospital in Belleville. When working night shift, my husband and I ate our fair share of these tasty sandwiches. I think the secret to this recipe is LOTS of salted butter on the bread prior to grilling! If you like, feel free to add light sprinkle of sea salt and some cracked black pepper on the tomato when you are making the sandwich (as many swiss cheeses are low sodium). Sometimes I add pickles into the sandwich before grilling too :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat pan to med-high.
- 2Dip one side of one piece of bread in the butter and place it butter side down in pan.
- 3On top, add 1 slice of cheese, 1 tomato slice, then 1 more slice of cheese.
- 4Dip another slice of bread (one side only) in the butter and place on top of the sandwich with butter side up.
- 5Make the next sandwich the same way.
- 6Grill to your liking (we usually do 2-3 minutes on each side because we prefer them lightly toasted).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Swiss & Tomato on Rye
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.2
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 683.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 20.8 g