- spreadable butter
- 6 slices bread
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- apple butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high.
- Spread butter on 6 slices of bread. Add 3 slices of bread to skillet, butter side down.
- If using apple butter, dollop a spoonful on the skillet bread and spread around. Add slices of apples to bread and top with a slice of cheese. Add remaining bread, butter side up.
- Fry until underside is dark, golden brown, then flip over and cook until cheese is melted.