Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't tried this yet but sounds great!
- 3 sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Parcook the potatoes: Place in a pot of water and boil until fork-tender; let cool. Slice each potato lengthwise into eighths.
- Preheat a grill to medium or place a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. Mix 1 tablespoon salt, the lime zest and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Brush the potato wedges with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on all sides (including the skin) and just cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; immediately season with the salt mixture and sprinkle with cilantro.
Made these twice now. Very easy to make and a crowd please. Make sure you oil the grill before placing these on, because they tend to stick.
Made these last night. Yum!
The spice level was just right, and the crispy skins were delicious. I cut the sweet potatoes in wedges, which works fine and gives a nice presentation, but makes it more difficult for the spice mixture to adhere to the sloping surfaces!
Also, in case anyone wonders how long it takes for a sweet potato to parboil to "fork tender," one hour was too long, so perhaps 45 minutes for large ones. (the missing star on my review was due to this not being stated in the recipe instructions, as it is a crucial step.)