Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are so delicious it's hard to stop eating them. And the dip makes the entire recipe. I shouldn't have discovered this recipe. I could eat this all day long. Maybe it's because I used regular fat sour cream and mayonnaise. I don't know. Recipe courtesy of All You June 2013.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 chipotle chile in adobo, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 lbs, peeled and halved lengthwise and cut into 4 wedges)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Make dip: Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, with red and green flecks still visible. Cover and chill.
- Make sweet potatoes: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add potato wedges. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined tray and pat dry. Let cool.
- Preheat grill to medium and oil grates.
- Toss potato wedges with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Grill potatoes, turning often, until just tender and slightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, taste dip and add additional salt if desired.
- Serve potato wedges with dip on the side.