Recipe by enestvmel
This is a very easy grilling recipe with easy tinfoil cleanup. I tried this on my family this weekend and they loved it. I think it may be a new Thanksgiving classic.
Top Review by Jmommy209
Delicious! I made a couple of changes, and I'm glad I did. Instead of 1/2 cup of butter, I used 1/4 cup. I also used slightly less brown sugar (6 Tbsp instead of 1/2 cup) and was delighted by the results! I did use the cinnamon and also added a sprinkle of RealSalt. I loved the addition of the apple for a little extra kick of flavor. Thank you for such a great recipe!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 dashes cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice and split your sweet potatoes and apple between two tinfoil packages (two strips of tinfoil folded together).
- Top each with half the butter and brown sugar and a few dashes of cinnamon (optional).
- Close the tinfoil packages and put on the grill on medium/low heat for approximately 40 minutes, turning half way through.
- Make sure you don't burn, brown sugar doesn't taste good burnt.