This is a good summer potato recipe--grilling the potato pieces vs. cooking them in the oven. The heat of the grill caramelizes the potato nicely and since they're already mostly cooked, burning them is less likely. Th seasonings could be varied to whatever suits you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a steamer tray in a saucepan, add water, cover, and bring to a boil.
- 2Once water is boiling, peel sweet potato and slice crosswise into 1 1/2 inch rounds. Add potatos to pan and steam 11 minutes.
- 3After potatos are cool enough to handle, coat them with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 4Grill over medium heat until nicely browned, turning once.
- 5****Don't peel the potatos until they're ready to go in the boiling water or they will turn brown on you.*******.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sweet Potato Rounds
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g