Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good summer potato recipe--grilling the potato pieces vs. cooking them in the oven. The heat of the grill caramelizes the potato nicely and since they're already mostly cooked, burning them is less likely. Th seasonings could be varied to whatever suits you.
- Place a steamer tray in a saucepan, add water, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, peel sweet potato and slice crosswise into 1 1/2 inch rounds. Add potatos to pan and steam 11 minutes.
- After potatos are cool enough to handle, coat them with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat until nicely browned, turning once.
- ****Don't peel the potatos until they're ready to go in the boiling water or they will turn brown on you.*******.
Delicious! I microwaved the potato rounds for about 2 and 1/2 minutes prior to coating them in oil, salt and pepper instead of steaming. They grilled up wonderfully and were a super easy side dish to go with burgers. The grill marks on each round made for a lovely table presentation.