southern chef in louisiana's Note:
Easy, no-mess sweet potatoes that kids and adults both love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 large sweet onions or 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- 2Alternately place potato slices and onion rings on four 14×12-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil. Brush tops and sides with oil to prevent drying.
- 3Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets. Place foil packets on grid. Grill packets, on covered grill, over medium coals 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- 4Meanwhile, to prepare Pecan Butter, combine butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well. Stir in pecans. Carefully open packets; top each with dollop of Pecan Butter.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sweet Potato Packets With Pecan Butter
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.3
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 283.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g