Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy, no-mess sweet potatoes that kids and adults both love.
Make and share this Grilled Sweet Potato Packets With Pecan Butter recipe from Food.com.
- sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 large sweet onions or 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Alternately place potato slices and onion rings on four 14×12-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil. Brush tops and sides with oil to prevent drying.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets. Place foil packets on grid. Grill packets, on covered grill, over medium coals 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, to prepare Pecan Butter, combine butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well. Stir in pecans. Carefully open packets; top each with dollop of Pecan Butter.