Recipe by dicentra
All You, JULY 2008. Trader Joes has bags of ready-sliced sweet potato sticks. Could not get any easier!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I love eating sweet potatoes almost any way I can have them, & this recipe makes for A GREAT TREAT! Almost cut back on both the cayenne pepper & the curry, but then decided to find out how it tasted as written ~ VERY, VERY NICE FLAVOR COMBO, & I'll be making these again! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Unrated Asian Recipe Tag Game]
- 1 1⁄2 cups light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled (about 10 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion and curry powder in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve. (Dip can be made up to 2 days in advance.).
- Prepare a charcoal fire, let burn to a gray ash and set grill 8 to 10 inches from coals. (Or preheat a broiler and set broiling rack 8 inches from heat source.).
- Cut sweet potatoes in half crosswise, then cut each half lengthwise and then into thirds to form fingers.
- Each potato should yield about 12 pieces. Place fingers in a large bowl, add oil, salt, pepper and cayenne. Toss well to coat.
- Grill or broil fingers, turning often, until partially charred and soft enough to easily penetrate with tip of a knife, about 10 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm with curry dip.