Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from Bobby Flay's recipe on Boy Meets Grill-the Smoked Bbq Ribs episode. A great mix of flavors! You will enjoy this! Cook time does not include time to precook the sweet potatoes.
Top Review by Teresa in CO
This was a good recipe. It is similar to a German potato salad due to the vinegar in it. The sweet from the potatoes combines with the smokiness of the grill and the tang of the vinegar and the bite of the onions, and it all works and is very good! You could probably throw in some bacon and it would be better. But I just have one question- I've checked the Food Network's recipes but can't find an answer- is this supposed to be served hot or cold?? I preferred it room-temp, for what it's worth.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices (pre-cooked-baked is best)
- 8 scallions
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill to high. Brush potatoes and scallions with olive oil and place on grill. Grill potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or till just tender. Grill scallions until softened and you can see the grill marks. Remove scallions from the grill and cut into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, Dijon mustard, apple and balsamic vinegars, and honey. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add potatoes, scallions, and parsley and toss until potatoes are well coated.
- Move to a platter and serve. Enjoy!