Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This tastes great and is easy to prepare. It came from the Better Homes and Garden web-site.
Make and share this Grilled Sweet Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Peel onions.
- Cut, not quite through each onion making 8 sections.
- Cut 4 pieces of heavy duty foil into 24"x18" pieces.
- Fold each in 1/2 crosswise.
- Cut to make 12" squares.
- Place one onion in the middle of each square.
- together margarine or butter,mustard and hot pepper.
- Drizzle this over onions.
- Sprinkle each onion with the brown sugar.
- Bring up two opposite edges of each square and seal with double fold.
- Fold remaining two sides to enclose onion leaving room for steam to build.
- Cook over medium heat on a grill with a drip pan under the foil packets.
- Cover and grill for 25 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Cut a 2" opening in the top of each packet, cover and grill for 10 minutes more or until onions are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with pepper to taste.
- I'm sure this could also be bake in the oven on 350 degrees for the same time as grilling.
These were good. Be sure not to over cook them. Thanks.
These onions are great - I did them in the oven,foil wrapped 350F for 20 minutes opened up for10 more minutes (Iremoved 2 from the foil for the picture).They were cooked and piping hot but still had a crunch to them - perfect. I used Brown sugar substitute. Loved the mustard, butter & hot sauce. They look lovely and they are ever so tasty thanks Doris for a keeper